Subscriptions to the Society help to promote its charitable aims of promoting the study and understanding of numismatics; including making grants, awarding prizes, publishing new research and inviting speakers from across the globe. In addition to these, members of the society enjoy a number of benefits:
- Monthly lectures, covering a range of numismatic topics
- An annual copy of the British Numismatic Journal
- Access to the Society's extensive numismatic library
- A discount on the purchase of the society's special publications
- Attendance at the annual joint meeting of the Royal and British Numismatic Societies, where six papers are presented by distinguished speakers on a range of numsimatic topics at a venue outside of London.
We are keen to encourage new members with an interest in numismatics to join the society. We provide a warm and friendly welcome and are very keen to encourage those new to the study, interpretation or collecting of coins, tokens or banknotes. We are also very keen to support institutional membership.
The General Data Protection Regulation comes into legal effect in the UK on 25 May 2018. It applies to the use of data provided to the Society by its members. This is the relevant data that is provided by members in their application for membership of the Society and any subsequent changes thereto. We wish to confirm that this data will only be used in conformity with the objectives of the Society and to enable us to fulfil our contractual obligations and to operate the Society efficiently. In particular, none of this data will be disclosed or passed to any third party other than in conformity with the foregoing. The Society's full privacy statement can be read here.
Early Anglo-Saxon Period, Thrymsa, Post-Crondall period, Two Emperors type.