In 1991, the Society established a Special Publication series to publish monographs on numismatic topics. This was funded by a generous bequest from Roy Osbourne. The purpose of the series is to support the publication of monographs for works too extensive for the British Numismatic Journal.
To date the Society has published the volumes listed below. These can be purchased (with a discount for members) from Spink.
- The English Coinage 1180–1247. Money, Mints and Exchanges, by John D. Brand, 1994. Out of print.
- The Soho Mint and the Industrialisation of Money, by Richard Doty, 1998. Out of print.
- Tokens of the Industrial Revolution. Foreign Silver Coins Countermarked for use in Great Britain, c.1787–1828, by Harrington E. Manville, 2001. Out of print.
- The Durham Mint, by Martin Allen, 2003. £45.00.
- The Abbey and Mint of Bury St Edmunds to 1279, by Robin J. Eaglen 2006. £55.00.
- The Coinage of Offa and His Contemporaries, by Derek Chick, edited by Mark Blackburn and Rory Naismith, 2010. £40.00.
- Viking Coinage and Currency in the British Isles, by Mark Blackburn, 2011, reprinted 2019. £48.00.
- The Coinage of Southern England 796–865, by Rory Naismith, 2011. £90.00 for two volumes.
- The Brussels Hoard of 1908. The Long Cross Coinage of Henry III, by Ron Churchill and Bob Thomas, 2012. Out of print.
- Hard at Work. The Diary of Leonard Wyon 1853–1867, edited by Philip Attwood, 2014. £45.00.
- The Abbey and Mint of Bury St Edmunds from 1279, by Robin J. Eaglen, 2014. £45.00.
- Coin Hoards in Iron Age Britain, by Philip de Jersey, 2014. £65.00.
- Coin Hoards and Hoarding in Roman Britain AD 43−c.498, by Roger Bland, 2018. £40.00.
- Andrew Burnett, ‘The Hidden Treasures of this Happy Island.’ A History of Numismatics in Britain from the Renaissance to the Enlightenment. (Details) Andrew Burnett, 2020, £95 for BNS members.
There was an error while printing volume 11, meaning the plates are incorrectly sized. You can click here to download the corrected plates.